Who is this qualification for?
This course is for anyone in the workplace identified either as the nominated First Aider for Mental Health, or as someone who requires more than a general awareness of mental health e.g. supervisors and team leaders.
Class Size – up to 15 students
Course Duration – 1 day
Students will be able to:
- Explain what mental health is and the factors that affect a person’s mental health.
- Explain the role of a mental health first aider
- Provided advice and practical support for a person presenting with a mental health condition
- Explain when to call the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Identify signs of stress and how stress can be managed
- State the signs and symptoms of the following mental health conditions; depression, anxiety, psychosis, eating disorders, suicide, self-harm
- State the potential effects of alcohol and drug abuse on a person’s mental health
- Demonstrate application of the first aid action plan for mental health
- State key factors in providing and implementing positive mental health culture in the workplace