Who is this qualification for?
This one day course is for individuals who need a recognised emergency first aid at work qualification, providing students with the confidence to apply their knowledge and skills in everyday first aid situations. The content complies with HSE recommendations.
Students must be over 16 years of age and be able to carry out the practical elements detailed in the course outline. The qualification is assessed throughout during practical application of the skills and by means of questioning. Students must attend the full day.
Class Size – up to 12 students
Course Duration – 1 Day (8 hours – minimum 6 hours contact time)
Students will be able to:
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Assess an incident including a scene survey
- Complete a primary survey of a casualty
- Provide first aid to an unresponsive breathing casualty
- Place an unresponsive breathing casualty into the recovery position
- Perform CPR with a casualty who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is experiencing a seizure
- Deliver first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Deal with a casualty who is bleeding severely
- Provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Provide first aid to a casualty suffering from burns and scolds
- Provide first aid to casualties with a range minor injuries