Who is this Level 1 Qualification for?
This course is for anyone who needs a basic awareness of mental health conditions and how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition.
Class Size – up to 15 students
Course Duration – half a day
Students will be able to:
- Identify what mental health is and the factors that affect a person’s mental health
- Explain the role of a first aider for mental health
- Explain how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a suspected mental health condition
- Explain when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Identify stress and state how it can be managed
- State the signs and symptoms for the following mental health conditions; depression, anxiety, psychosis, eating disorders, suicide, self-harm